Israel is considered a global leader in medical cannabis research and innovation and is one of only three countries in the world where cannabis research is sponsored by the government.
Back in 2016, the Israeli government approved the “Medical Cannabis Reform”, which will take effect on April 1, 2019.
According to the reform, cannabis patients will only be able to purchase their cannabis supply in 100 pharmacies nationwide. Farms failing to comply with government standards will be closed. Also, approximately 100 new physicians will be licensed to issue prescriptions in addition to 80 already doing so.
MediaCentral is organizing an exclusive field tour that would shed some light on the reform and the cannabis industry in Israel.
On the schedule:
* A briefing by Mr. Yuval Landschaft, Director of The Israeli Medical Cannabis Agency – Cannabis reform at BOL Farma
* A briefing by Mr. Boaz Albo, Manger of the Research and Development Department in The Israeli Medical Cannabis Agency
* A briefing by Prof. Hinanit Koltai, Volcani Center – Cannabis for Medical Use
* A briefing by Dr. Tamir Gadu, CEO of BOL Israel – The importance of quality in cultivation of cannabis
* A briefing by Mrs. Hagit Yagoda, a cancer patient. Led the medical cannabis strike back in 2013
* A tour of the IMC-GAP cannabis farm
* A tour of the drying section of IMC-GAP Post-Harvest Cannabis
* A Tour of the IMC-GMP cannabis factorySandwiches will be provided.
For transportation from Tel-Aviv, please contact Tal – 054-6782347